[Sussex] Hard disk help/ XP reinstall!

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Fri Nov 22 11:53:05 UTC 2002

On 22/11/02 11:18 am, "Geoff Teale" <Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk> wrote:

> The best bet is just to rebuild the machine with an OS that doesn't do that
> kind of checking - W2K or below should be fine if your user is so stupid as
> to reject a quality free solution..!

I would caution against Win2K only because you may find that not all the
device drivers are available. Unless of course the laptop came with Win2K
restore disks, in which case you should have no problems.

Whilst XP has it's many faults, for laptop users (especially standalone
ones) it is an excellent choice.

Sorry, but I will still contend that open source OSes are still not ready
for primetime as far as the non-technical user is concerned.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford
neil[at]smudgypixels[dot]net