[Sussex] newbie

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J s0209208 at glos.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 18:02:00 UTC 2002

Adam,

Welcome to the list!  Not sure who else is around atm, most are probably
commuting home from work.  I'm in the IT room at university
(Gloucestershire, but I'm originally from Crawley!).

You've got quite a head start on me, I first got my hands on a SUSe box when
I was 17, about 4 yrs ago, and I've been playing with it on and off since.

I'm now using Open Office for all my college work and they think it's kinda
wierd that I'm not using M$ kit, "But surely you can't know how to use
_that_ and office??!" - "umm, yup, they really are ever so similar, why
don't you have a go?" - "Oh no, I couldn't, II wouldn't know where to
start!"

It's this kinda mentality I'm hoping to break.  Xandros has been the subject
of conversation recently, and with "easy (-ier)" installs becoming the
standard, hopefully linux can create a world without dominiation by Mr.
Gates...

anyway, I've started rambling, so welcome anyways and feel free to ask
questions. I'm certainly not an expert, but some of the guys here are!

HTH,

Matt