[Sussex] newbie

The ol' tealeg geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net
Mon Nov 25 18:17:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:53:44 -0000
"Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J" <s0209208 at glos.ac.uk> wrote:
> anyway, I've started rambling, so welcome anyways and feel free to ask
> questions. I'm certainly not an expert, but some of the guys here are!

Matt,

I think it's fair to say that everyone brings something else to the
list.  Some of us, like Steve and I, are systems programmers are so we
talk about kernel level stuff and probably come off sounding like a
bunch of know-it-alls, in reality I'm no all-round expert and I don't
think anyone here would claim that.  I have proved time and time again,
that whilst I might be able to write some pretty neet programs, I can't
set up a sendmail server to save my life!

Between us we provide a valuable support service and social outlet for
each other.  For nearly 10 years I felt like I was the only person in
the South of England who was interested in anything outside of the
Microsoft dominated sphere of IT - the LUG group is in no small degree a
cery good way of making me feel like a normal human being instead of an
insane-psycho-hacker-geek.. ..of course I am that too ;)

--
GJT
geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net