[Sussex] newbie

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 23:44:00 UTC 2002

Ah yes.. left the info out...

Been using linux for a good few years now.. I was first introduced to it
by jon! :) and the school network admin.. yes british education actually
paid off.. I remember using pine to send mail locally on the school
network through an acorn.. :)

My first real distrib was slackware 3.4, i then moved onto redhat, at
the time i found redhat attractive as i was a beginnner, everything
worked (nearly) on first install.
I've moved through redhat distribs, 6, 6.2, .3, then back to slackware
for a mo.. i've also played with ipcop/smoothwall (i too was there at
the beginning with jon, at hantslug). I'm now a gentoo convert :)
I played with Linux From Scratch for a while, this was great for
learning basics of a linux system, i recommend this to all.. now happily
using gentoo as a workstation and in a server environment.

oh btw.. have a good meeting guys i'll not be attending due to my 18th
:-D expect drunken phonecalls to all.. lol

Tom