[Sussex] Gentoo

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 00:07:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 23:51, The ol' tealeg wrote:
> Just a quick note..
>
> I'm very glad to see we now have a small community of Gentoo users on the list - I'm also interested to see people running it with only a 56k line - you guys have patience beyond all measure!

Indeed... i love it :) had it installed for half a week now.. sorted out
all my intial probs.. ie emerge rsync buggered emerge.. solved by
emerging a new version of portage before i did anything.
Then fixed some gnome stuff which stopped me logging in to X... font
stuff ;)

Now Gnome is up and running like a beast, nvidia card working fine.. and
AA fonts making it all look pretty.
I've got 512k ADSL so not much waiting here... its nice to not worry
about dependancies anymore!! (coming from redhat/shat)

Tom