[Sussex] Mozilla and Natwest...

The ol' tealeg geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net
Tue Nov 26 17:21:01 UTC 2002

Dominic wrote:
> Maybe it's me, but it seems they gonna be ignoring a lotta people!!!

It's not a case of flat out ignoring people - it's when you have a problem or need to see an advisor.  The bigger your account the better you'll get treated.  That's fairly common knowledge.  What I was told at Thomson (i've never worked _for_ a bank, but I did work very closely with very senior staff in everyone one of the major high street banks at one time or another in my time at Thomson) was that Banks (as opposed to building societies) have to keep the time and man power spent on personal customers to a limit, so they introduce a formal limit - whether it is implimented as a "systems" flag or as informal rule (Braclays definitely have it on their databases because we had yto integrate peoples share trading accounts with their current accounts and certain services were only to be made available to those with the flag).

As far as the browser thing is concerned.   They seriously take the view that 95% of their customers will be using IE so they don't mind signing on the dotted line with Microsoft in order to upgrade to XP and .NET for a couple of million pounds less than it would have cost them.

Face it folks, whilst the guys and gals in your local branch might be very nice people, your bank (whoever they are) as an entity really doesn't give a stuff about you.

--
GJT
geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net