[Sussex] I'm bored...

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J s0209208 at glos.ac.uk
Wed Nov 27 14:20:01 UTC 2002

With RedHat linux that is, I want a system that presents a challenge and is
a "real" system!

Without opening the usual debate about which distro is best too much, can
you guide a man who currently has no internet access apart from a dumb
terminal connected to M$ Terminal Sickness in the right direction to get an
up-to-date system?

I want more control over the system than redhat seems to give me, a mate has
Broadband and a CD burner, so getting images isn't a problem, am I right in
thinking that Gentoo (Which seems to get a lot of good press) is best
installed over the net, or will it work on CDs too?

TIA,

Matt