[Sussex] Sylpheed C+P Problem - Help?

The ol' tealeg geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 29 19:54:00 UTC 2002

Adam wrote:
-----------
> I'm hoping someone can help me with what is probably a very simple
> problem.  I've got the strange problem whereby I can copy and paste
> from Sylpheed for the first few attempts but then it stops working -
> i.e. nothing can be pasted into any other app.  It usually stops after
> about 5 goes, but if I close Sylpheed and start it again c+p works
> normally for another 5 or so times.  Although it's only a minor niggle
> it's rather frustrating :-(.  Can anyone shed any light?

He he.. I have exactly the same problem.  In short, welcome to Release Candidiate Debugging land.. if you installed from the current live-boot disc then you're using Gentoo 1.4 Release Candidate 1, which means you have the very latest version of sylpheed from the portage tree and it has a couple of bugs - that is one of them.

If it's URL's you're trying to copy and paste then go to the following menu option:

Configuration->common_preferences

And then, in the resultant window, use the arrows in the top right hand corner to move to the "Other" tab.  Assuming you're using Mozilla to web browse, in the Web Broswer field remove the current netscape setting and type:

mozilla %s

Now if you double click on a URL in an e-mail it will (after a short delay) open a web browser at the URL.

--
GJT
geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net