[Sussex] Printer problem - quick help needed

Derek Harding derek at lagham.uklinux.net
Tue Oct 8 12:18:01 UTC 2002

Thanks Geoff,

Perhaps I could force it into using the PS facilities of the Linux filters rather than using the RAW output direct to the printer? At least you give me ideas where to look. O that we should all live in barns and not need windows!

This wisdom was penned by Geoff Teale <Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk> on
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:52:40 +0100:

> Derek,
>
> This is definitely a problem with the Windows end.  My experience with
> the HP drivers for HP4000's at my old workplace matched what you are
> experiencing.  Windows machines send an additional "^D" at the end of
> the print that they shouldn't do - this affects several HP printers
> but doesn't happen from LINUX, or Max OSX clients.
>
> A quick web search on this suggest it may be possible to sort this by
> supressing postscript error output on the windows clients - I haven't
> tried this.
>
> --
> GJT
> geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
>

> The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
> privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.
>
> Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does
> not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

> distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
> it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Claybrook Computing Limited is a subsidiary of Claybrook Computing
> (Holdings) Limited Registered Office: Abbey House. 282 Farnborough
> Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 7NJ Registered in England and Wales
> No 1287205
>
> A Hogg Robinson plc company

Best wishes,
Derek