[Sussex] Next Meeting

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Fri Oct 18 11:08:01 UTC 2002

All

On 18 October 2002 at 10:02 Geoff Teale wrote:

> Nik wrote:
> > Well if Cybercom is unavailable I can volunteer my offices at
> > Bartellot Road which is 4 minutes away from the Cybercom site.

Nice offer.

> > I can offer cofee

Don't drink coffee (or tea) do you have juice?  :-) Only joking but
I'd better bring my own drink if you're not close to a pub.

> >                   and good network access via Apple Airport
> > and 2mb link. Private parking in the carpark and nice loos!

Please post the Post Code.  I'll need a map to the car park.

> > Let me know if thats of interest ?

You mean you haven't work that out from my comments already ;-)

> Sounds good.

Doesn't it.

> The office environment is maybe more social than the pub
> (though less good for those of you who like a drink).

We could always bring our own.  I know most offices have a no
drink polcy - but what's the worst they could do; fire us.  As
I don't work there this isn't much of a threat.  Guess Nik would
be the only one who couldn't drink :-)  [Ahhh, I see from a later
post that there is no restriction on beer]

Joking aside I think a quite room is much better and the Jug
doesn't offer that.

> All in favour of Nik's office say:
>
> "Sun LINUX 5.0?  What happened to the other 4?"

Sun LINUX 5.0?  What happened to the other 4?

I know what happened to the other 4. The same think that happened
to Solaris 2.7, 2.8, ..., 3.x, 4.x, 5.x & 6.x.  Sun marketers
looked at the number, saw that it was lower than Win 95, Win2K and
NT 4.0 and said "We need a higher number; that way we'll sell more
software as it will look more stable."

Didn't anyone explain to them that Unix IS MORE STABLE!!!!!  That
the most of the management in those areas know this.  Is there
anyone on this list that thinks this way.  If so turn up at the
meeting; I'll bring the gun :-)