[Sussex] What scanners, etc

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 09:45:00 UTC 2002

> Hi folks,
>
> In the hope of turning off M$ in the home environment for ever - who uses which scanners, which digital cameras and which web-cams under Linux?

I've used an IBM PC Camera and my Creative Webcam 3 under linux no problems, the
creative is based on the ov511 drivers, which afaik is supported very well under linux.
For the ibm cam i think there is just a kernel module called 'ibmcamera' or simular.

My kodak dx series USB cam is apparently supported under the latest (ish) kernel and
Gphoto2 but I havent really tried to get that working yet. <http://gphoto.org> ?

As far as scanners go, i don't have one.. so i'll pass the buck...

Tom