[Sussex] UK Linux Expo

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 11:56:01 UTC 2002

Matt Wrote:
===========
> Was that the dev or technet one for the UK launch?

Think it was technet.  Don't remember.  There was a *small* linux show on
the upper tier, but we weren't allowed up there (Apparantly an invite for
one didn't count as an invite for the other, which is a shame, cause a lot
of people at the Windows conference could have been exposed to LINUX that
day).

> I went to that one and managed a free t-shirt, 2 mousepads
> and some database
> trials that I'll never use! ;o)

I got bags of crap.  You get a lot of attention if you have the name of a
multinational company on your badge and a job title that screams "available
budget".

Pretty girls are something else you get at IT shows.. maybe not so much at
LINUX shows...

> I love trade shows...

Good ones are really good, bad ones are really bad.. frankly I'm looking
forward to a day out away from work..

- Geoff

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company