[Sussex] UK Linux Expo

Loz lackofbrain at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 14:48:04 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 11 Sep 2002 1:44 pm, Geoff Teale wrote: As the brainless
> automaton of an instructor announced that "Windows NT4 is a secure platform
> within in minutes of getting it out of the box" and with perfect timing the
> background of his desktop (which was being shown via a projector) changed
> to black with phosphor green writing saying "chown Linux /world".

Nice!

> The poor
> guy hadn't a clue what was going on or why a room full of qualified and
> experienced engineers were wetting themselves.

His microphone was running on the wrong frquency? (sorry, couldn't resist...)

> PS.  I just spell checked this e-mail by mistake.. I think Microsoft has
> rigged the spellchecker in outlook.  The noun "Debian" came out as the noun
> "Deviant".. oh dear.. :)

One of the halls at university, Rathbone, comes up in M$Word spellcheck as
"rat-hole"... Once again I think microsoft is trying to tell us something...
--
:loz
	When walking just walk