[Sussex] Numbers for meeting.

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 09:01:02 UTC 2002

Steve Wrote:
============
> Sorry to hear that, nearly happened to me but it now looks
> as if it will be next week that I will be way.

Mostly my own body is making life difficult.  I'm just about used to blood
pressure concerns now, but my wisdom tooth decided to start screaming at me
this week.  Lots of dentist appointments (and lots of expense) later and
I've got so behind on everything that things that were well in hand have
slipped and I have no time for the meet :-(

> I hope to be back in time for the Expo (being to look dicey :-( ).

Well, I hope you can make it, if not, no worries, we'll miss you.

Outside of work things are getting easier.  The website I've been working on
is now finished (barring any last minute changes) so I should be able to
turn my attention back to getting past the segmentation error I've been
having with libXML2.

This weekend I will be helping a friend with his attempt to build a box
using Sorcerer LINUX (another source based Distro).  Superficially Sorcerer
is easier to setup than Gentoo - it uses a scripted interface and tries to
shield you from some of the complexities of kernel compilation etc.
Unfortunately I think the reality is that it takes too much out of your
control during installation.  In particular it seems that it'll try and set
up up ppp for you without ever letting you compile in support for ppp - ho
hum..  Can't guarantee this is the case as I haven't looked at it, this is
certainly what my friends description indicates though.

--
GJT
geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company