[Sussex] We can screen it!

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Fri Apr 4 09:48:01 UTC 2003

Geoff

On 04 April 2003 at 09:34 Geoff Teale wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> ------------
> > Isn't nice to see a friendly and welcoming response such as that.
>
> Yes!  J.T.S genuinely wants people to see the film - it's in
> his interest.  Most people buy movies on DVD/VHS because they
> saw them in the Cinema and liked them, this film didn't get
> shown in a lot of places and so it's in J.T.S's interest to
> get people to see it and maybe buy a copy.  Moreover he just
> wants people to see his work and enjoy it.  For the small,
> independent film maker this is the _only_ way to get
> screened as the big film comapnies control what gets into
> the majority of cinemas.

I agree it's in his interest to have his work seen.  But there
are people out there that would think "No - let them all buy
their own copy".  J.T.S. appears to be as interested in getting
this work seen/the message out.  This I applaud.

Where did you get the DVD from?  Is the a distributor in the UK?
If there is could they provide us with some copies for "sale or
return" on the night of the screening?  This assumes that we
open the screening up to the public at large.

<snipped music bit - interesting but I have nothing to add>

> > If they don't have a video projector my company said I could brow
> > one of there's some time back.  <snip>
>
> We have another possible projector which hopefully will be
> confirmed fairly soon, so one way or another it looks like we
> might actually get to do this!

Good - we have backup.