[Sussex] We can screen it!

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 10:07:00 UTC 2003

Steve wrote:
------------
> I agree it's in his interest to have his work seen.  But there
> are people out there that would think "No - let them all buy
> their own copy".  J.T.S. appears to be as interested in getting
> this work seen/the message out.  This I applaud.

Absolutely.  JTS has his brain screwed in right.

> Where did you get the DVD from?  Is the a distributor in the UK?
> If there is could they provide us with some copies for "sale or
> return" on the night of the screening?  This assumes that we
> open the screening up to the public at large.

I got it from www.thinkgeek.com (and paid import duty for the pleasure).
I've not seen a UK distributor for the movie (JTS was frankly suprised that
I had got it in the UK at all).

> <snipped music bit - interesting but I have nothing to add>

Fair enough.  I just tend to hammer on about that whenever I can.

> From reading there response I took this to be one of the requirements
> for "broadcast".  I also thing it would be best as it is proof that
> the copyright hold knows that we are screening his film and has given
> his consent.

Yup. It _is_ a requirement - mostly so he can advertise the screening, we
can't do a closed door screening  (i.e. if non-LUG members want to come see
it we have to let them - this is pretty much how our meets run anyway, so I
see no problem there).

> > 2. Inform the wider LUG community.
>
> Agreed
>
> > 3. Possibly get other sites to note this, like
www.linux.org.uk  (???)

Agreed

4. Put some posters up in the Internet cafes in the area.

Good plan... anyone know these kind of places and their proprietors?

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead"
 - Bob Dylan, a pacifist :-)

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company