[Sussex] Apache source

Dominic dominic.clay at cardinus.com
Fri Apr 4 15:42:01 UTC 2003

I was hoping you could enlighten me on an emerge prob...
I need to get the source to apache as there is a problem with one of the so
files on my machine.

I had the same problem yesterday and compiled this one file again after
following instructions I found on the Net.
(http://www.vttoth.com/rewrite.htm)
My IO probs (as mentioned on the list earlier) have made me recompile and
although the error has come back (expected) this time the apache source is
no longer in the /usr/portage/apache/work/apache/src etc. etc. etc.
directory (indeed its not on my machine at all!)

This is where my limited knowledge hits in.  The recompile help I found says
use a .lo file but the source I downloaded manualy from apache.org hasn't
got any .lo files (what are they?)

How do I get emerge to download this source again (with or woithout a
recompile) without deleteing the source?  Or how do I get a .lo file out of
the source I downloaded from apache?

Cheers for your thoughts.

Dominic