[Sussex] Extracted from this weeks

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Apr 4 17:45:00 UTC 2003

Nik Butler wrote:
> Love this quote
>

> Python is like the Lament Configuration in Hellraiser: looks
>          like an exotic puzzle, is actually a gateway to a world of
> 	          programming discipline and pleasure beyond pain. God
> 		  knows,
> 		           for instance, how many sick Python initiates
> 			   now write unit
> 			            tests for all their code - hell,
> 				    before they even *write*

That's fabulous - where is it from?

I went to a company this week (whom I will hopefully be spending a lot
of time with soon) who are writing a product in python on Linux.  They
use PyUnit for test-first development, they do pair programming, and all
of the other wonderful things you read about in eXtreme Programming
books... it seems to come with the territory.

There developers run whatever distro they like (two Gentoo boxen in the
office !) and the product is on Debian.

--
GJT
tealeg at member.fsf.org