[Sussex] Windows Server 2003 overtakes Solaris 9 on the web

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Apr 14 13:32:01 UTC 2003

Geoff / Dom

On 14 April 2003 at 11:05 Geoff Teale wrote:
> Sun, might get into a media war, but I doubt it, and here's
> why!  Its a ridiculous story, it's just a bunch of marketing
> codswallop.  This is like comparing Apples and Oranges.
<snip>

I completely agree.  Having now read the article [1], and more
importantly the Netcraft site [2] itself I find there is a big
chuck of data missing!  This leads me to the following
questions:

  1). Are the M$ Windows Server 2003 upgrading from 2002 or
      are they coming from Unixland?

  2). Is the Solaris 9 uptake slow because Sun still support
      Solaris 8 and there is no need to upgrade?

  3). Where are the Linux, *BSD, etc OSs?