[Sussex] thanks and questions

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Fri Apr 25 13:29:01 UTC 2003

John

On 25 April 2003 at 12:03 Geoff Teale wrote:
> 2. If you suspect that you don't have your swap space in use
> then doing the following will bring it online:
>
> su -
> swapon /dev/hda3
>
> ... remebering to replace /dev/hda3 with the device name of
> the partition in question.

This will only turn it on for the current boot.  But it is a bit
of a drag to do it each time you boot the system.  There is always
a chance that you'll forget to do this.

The best solution is to check /etc/fstab and look for the line:
/dev/hda3   none  swap

At least I think that that is the line - check the man page for
fstab to be sure - it's bound to have an example.