[Sussex] (no subject)

Scoot Scoot at Eurobell.Co.Uk
Sat Apr 26 12:30:01 UTC 2003

OK, hello everyone,
                                I'm new here, very new.  I installed Linux the other week and took a look around the 'net to see any LUG's in the area so, when (not if), I am completely lost, perhaps someone could point a little and maybe giggle a fair bit, but eventually tell me what I need to know, in regards to any problems I might have.
        I came across SLUG's site the other day (in my fifteen seconds online thanks to a combination of Eurobells' extortionate pay-as-you-go rate and the absence of a BT line and/or credit card).  Aaanyhow.... I was thinking about turning up at the Kings Head for the 24th April but I couldn't see what time you were meeting, and I must admit,  the thought of just turning up in the morning and waiting in the bar 'till someone else appeared was quite appealing.  However, after just two (many) beers, strolling up to people asking if they were related in any way with a SLUG resulted in...well I wasn't there to meet any of you.

        Ok, ok, so maybe the above isn't strictly true, but I would be interested in coming over and seeing what is going on, only as I said I couldn't see what time you were meeting
                                                    Scott.

PS:    1) Is there any cost involved? I only ask because Crawley Computer Club want money to attend.

         2) The rant at Eurobell was/is true...and justified....and well....