[Sussex] SPAM

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 10:22:06 UTC 2003

> The list is attracting a whole load of SPAM right now (Gareth and I
reject
> this when it is caught, so it never hits the list)  I've also noted
that a
> lot of SPAM is coming in on the accounts listed as Admin accounts on
the
> mailman website.
>
> As the e-mail addresses of certain members appear regularly in the
on-line
> archives I wanted to check to see if anyone here has noted a recent
upturn
> in the amount of SPAM you recieve.  I felt you guys shold be aware
that
> being on this list may increase the likelihood of you receiving SPAM -
> sensible precautions in how and where you publish your e-mail address
> should apply.

Actual I have only had my current email address for a week or 2 and
today for the first time I got 2 items of spam. This may be a result of
the list holding public log of all emails.

It may even be worth considering making them private.

On the other hand the spam could just be down to normal spam stuff.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

----
The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality, accuracy
and content of information contained in or with this message. In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.