[Sussex] Ipaq 3970 bootblaster

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Apr 28 12:03:01 UTC 2003

Dom

On 28 April 2003 at 11:37 Dominic wrote :
> I've got Opie working now...

Glad to hear it.

> I'm impressed.
> The only thing is I havn't got usb connectivity working yet

Can't help there I haven't got a USB cradle.

> The modprobe usb-eth command worked.
>
> If I type:
>
> ifconfig usbf up 1.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
> Then  it says: SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device
> But if I just do: ifconfig usbf
> Then it lists a device called usbf

I think I was this with my wireless card plugged in.
Haven't had time to fix that one yet.  Not sure my
NetGear WiFi card is supported.

> Also do I need to use PPP to communicate through usb?

I do have PPP working for my 9-pin D-type serial.  The
opie environment has a ppp user account and I run a
PPP session on my workstation that keeps trying to connect.
I just plug it into the cradle and within a minute or two
there is a PPP link to my network up.  Routes and all.  I
can send you the config for that if you want - but it wasn't
hard to figure out.