[Sussex] Suing Microsoft for loss of life?

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 09:42:00 UTC 2003

By Jon.
=======
> Hmm.. interesting concept (brought to my attention by Phil Gibbons)
>
> The amount of time that I spend rebooting windows must all mount up.
If it
> takes 2 minutes to reboot windows to the desktop, and I have to do
this 3
> times a day, that means that i've lost 6 minutes of my life.. per day.
I work
> 5 days a week, that makes 30 minutes per week. Assuming I work 47
weeks per
> year, that's 1410 minutes per year - 23.5 hours, almost a day!
>
> This then means that if I work with windows for my working life (50
years,
> ish) I will die having lost at least 50 days of my life! That's two
and a
> half years holiday allowance, which I could have spend
relaxing/sunning
> myself.
>
> So, any lawyers here (Mrs. Geoff?) care to comment... should we file a
class
> action lawsuit on behalf of all of Microsoft's customers and
employees?

An interesting point of view, but if you take into account the amount of
time that a windows workstation will crash during the day. I must admit
less so now for win2000 but if you ever have the misfortune to work on
win9x for a day it's bound to crash at least once depending on what work
you are doing.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.