[Sussex] Dell Inspiron Battery Monitor (X)

Derek Harding derek at lagham.uklinux.net
Mon Aug 4 08:49:00 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have an Inspiron which (except the winmodem) runs brilliantly while I'm connected to the mains. However, although I have recompiled the kernel, whenever I go over to battery power and run up XWindows it runs me about 5 minutes and then claims that the battery is about to go flat.

I close down (under battery power) and reboot into the BIOS configuration (still under battery power) and the BIOS tells me that there is 97% capacity left. As soon as I go back into XWindows it tells me I've run out of battery.

Any ideas how I can reset the "monitor" to get over this problem? I
haven't tried to see if running in non-X will give the same symptoms.

--
Best wishes,
Derek