[Sussex] Tektronix 550 colour laser

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Wed Aug 6 11:50:01 UTC 2003

.. not exactly the same but I have a Tektronix Phaser 740 colour laser
printer which works fine (eventually - it was tough going) under linux.  I
have my linux box set as the print server.

I just point my web browser at the IP address of the printer and the status
page appears immediately - so it's using port 80.  I'm using lprng to drive
the printer - mainly because the guy who wrote lprng is very helpful and
seems to know a lot about Phaser quirks.

  Iain

--On Wednesday, August 6, 2003 11:27 am +0100 David Chapman