[Sussex] Windows bye-bye

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Aug 8 23:52:00 UTC 2003

Hi Geoff & Steve,

I will certainly look into keeping Debian up to date via the web.
However, I think I need to install Woody from CD first, as I can imagine a
long download upgrading from 2.2r4 to 3. I also only have
a 56K modem. Once I have CDs for Woody that work, then it could be easier
to "keep up" with changes.

Thanks for the help with .sea.tar.gz files. (The typo was mine).
I am downloading Mozilla 1.4, encouraged by your comments.
I really have got to compile a programme at some point, so it might
as well be Mozilla. Also, I have to learn about .tar.gz files so this is
another reason to give it a try.

To end on a pleasing note: My recently acquired HP LaserJet 4000N
appears to be fully functional & happy. I put it through its paces earlier
& it happily printed everything that I threw at it.

Thanks for the help,
Gavin.