[Sussex] grrr virus grr windows

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 13:10:00 UTC 2003

> On Tuesday 12 Aug 2003 11:36 am, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > Just though I'd let you know I've been tackling a little worm at
work,
> > god
> > I hate windows servers.
>
> Might I reccomend a little IT support firm that could rid you of these
> troubles? Feel free to contact their 3a IT's sales manager, Paul
Backshall,
> on 0870 881 5097 :)
>
> Seriously though, anyone running windows should have an up to date
virus
> scanner, and a firewall. Having had to deal with a windows XP machine
that
> was totally unpatched, plugged into a BTopenwoe connection, and
completely
> compromised (253 infected files, about 8 unique virii, incl.
> trojan's/backdoors) I can say it's not fun :(
>
> Jon
>
> P.S Apologies for the less-than-subtle plug for mah company.... i'm
sure
> there's something in the LUG rules about it.. but I...er...can't
read... yes
> that sounds like a good excuse ;)

I know and this is my downfall, it just a matter of time before the
company
I work for sees the light or Linux for short/long :S.

The antivirus software we use updates automatically but on this occasion
it
failed to do so in time.

And the worst thing when updating windows is you need to reboot which
isn't
a good thing to do when it host websites as well.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.