[Sussex] Usbvnetr module

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Thu Aug 21 20:03:01 UTC 2003

> When compiled and installed.  The machine will load the module, but It
> always says it is unused.
>
> Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
> usbvnetr               81208   0  (unused)

You have to make sure you are using the correct USB hub controller driver.
You have to use uhci rather than usb-uhci.

http://info.lindows.com/david/wireless.html

> I have set up the modules.conf file (via /etc/modules.d/aliases) by
> adding..
>
> alias eth1 usbvnetr
>
> When I run an ifconfig -a, eth1 is not there. (grr)
>
> If I run ifconfig eth1 I am told ..
>
> eth1: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Looking at the dmesg info, it seems as if the driver loads, but the device
is not found by the kernel. You may need to use a different driver:
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/atmeldrv/usbtable.html
http://at76c503a.berlios.de

--
John