[Sussex] Business without Microsoft

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 10:10:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 09:54, Geoff Teale wrote:
> > Super Slinky No. 9's the only strings I've ever put on my electric in
> > the 8 years I've had it!  I knew they were a good company! :p
>
> Haven't restrung my electrics in a couple of years (my National and my
> Taylor are the only ones that get a run out these days, they get
> restrung once a month(ish)), but when I do I always use 11 gauge
> D'addario's and 12 gauge Dean Markley Blue Steels.
>
> Gotta say Mat.. Slinky '9s are for wimps, my national's strung with LRC
> Newtones at 0.16mm 0.18mm 0.28mm 0.38mm 0.50mm 0.60mm :)
> /me ducks behind his flame proof bunker.

/me refuses to take bait, remembers string snapping on stage last night
and refuses to ever put anything heavier than 11's on an acoustic...

I do a lot of open tuning throughout my set and retuning the thing keeps
making my strings snap!

> > Have just swapped from Mandrake 9.1 back to Gentoo 1.4 - What a
> > difference, I'm running icewm instead of KDE and it's much nicer,
> > cleaner and faster too!
>
> To be fair you could have done that with Mandrake, but Gentoo on the
> whole is a much better move :)

I tried it with mandrake, it was still much, much slower than it is now!

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace        |