[Sussex] Getting brave ?, perhaps not.

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 1 15:25:37 UTC 2003

This probably sounds a stupid question, but as the error from my earlier post
says "tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"

the only tar command that I've invoked at this stage is

" tar -xvjpf /mnt/cdrom/stages/stage3-pentium4-20030910.tar.bz2"

Could it be that the "-xvjpf" bit is wrong? because I don't really understand
the output of "man tar" and previously the only bit of "untarring" that I've
done has been tar.gz files for my now retired speedtouch adsl modem and some
stuff from kde-look.org and from memory, I've always used tar -zxvf. I sort
of understand that the letters (arguements ???) may be different, but I've
only ever seen 4, whereas the "-xvjpf" is exactly as it says in the gentoo
install guide.

Just a thought ???

regards

John