[Sussex] Getting brave ?, perhaps not.

Wells, Richard rwells at impaq.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 18:09:44 UTC 2003

Hi John

Sounds frustrating and that tar message is none too helpful.

You could try explicitly specifying the filesystem when entering both
mount commands, so:

mount -t ext3 /dev/hda4 /mnt/gentoo
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda4 /mnt/gentoo/boot

It's possible that the tar extract issue is caused by problems with
mount having incorrectly detected the filesystem.

Good luck
Richard