[Sussex] OOo Scripting?

nik at wired4life.org nik at wired4life.org
Thu Dec 4 09:39:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:20:42AM +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm wondering whether the following is possible:
>
> 1. Data is selected from MySQL Database
> 2. Data is written to an XML file in the correct format for a .sxw
> 3. XML file is zipped into an sxw file
> 4. OOo converts the file to a .doc
> 5. The .doc is displayed on the screen (All users are running
> windows/office XP)
yes, and we have done it.

> The one I'm gonna have real issues with is step 4. I need to know if
> it's possible to run OOo on a headless server (Linux flavour  as yet
> unknown...), preferably without installing X, and have OOo convert the
> .sxw to the .doc without actually displaying anything.

all call backs under OOo are java apis... so learn a little java and you
can go far.

step 5 is the hard part since you automating windows to accept inbound
connections and diplay stuff is ... oh wait no , thats windows default
setting isnt it ?

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.