[Sussex] .NET for linux?

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Dec 7 10:33:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 13:10, Mark Harrison wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> If so, which framework are you using?
>
> I have a number of .NET applications I'd like to be able to run... but would
> prefer not to run them on Windows. In principle, I can do this :-)

I used Mono, it's well put together and pretty stable.  I've never
tested it from the point of view of running code written on Windows
though.

Generally I'd advise against doing any new Linux development on .NET
though because of the threat of Microsoft pulling the rug out from under
the Linux architecture in order to pull users back to Windows.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation