[Sussex] [OT] Laptops for Zimbabwe

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Dec 8 09:32:31 UTC 2003

All,

Firstly, please forgive the off-topic nature of this post and please
note that it is note my intention to continue this thread past this
post.

As this is a group relating to computers, I'm sure you'll be able to
help in some way. Basically, the Daily News is the only independent
newspaper still running in Zimbabwe.  In September, Mugabe's police
raided the offices and confiscated all computer equipment in an attempt
to silence the press.

The reporters have now re-located to South Africa and would like to know
if anyone has any spare laptops they can have, no matter how old, so
they can continue their work.

If anyone can help, please email David Banks at
david at zimbabwedemocracytrust.org and let him know.

Thanks,

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace                  |