[Sussex] Quick introduction

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Dec 13 21:28:28 UTC 2003

Hi Heather,

Glad to have you on the list.

It's interesting that you run Linux on an iBook - I've been doing a bit
of research on this platform as the 12.1" iBooks are a lot cheaper than
the Dell X300's we roll out one configuration of our product on right
now.  Unfortunately I've found that the stumbling point from our point
of view is the crappy modem they put in and the lack of support for
airport-extreme.  The modem problem is equally as bad with every other
laptop manufacturer - I just thought that iBook might have more Linux
people developing drivers for it's hardware than any other laptop.

I'm kind of tempted to buy one for myself though.. I don't have a laptop
anymore since "Frankenstein's Monster" died last year and this little
12.1" boxes are grabbing some aesthetic nerve somewhere deep within me.

--
Geoff Teale
tealeg at member.fsf.org
Free Software Foundation.

There is only one way to kill capitalism -- by taxes, taxes, and more taxes.
		-- Karl Marx