[Sussex] Toys for the Seasonal Festive Holiday of your Choice

nik at wired4life.org nik at wired4life.org
Sun Dec 14 21:38:03 UTC 2003

 A quick tour of the Gadget Chop turned up this, which Sharon promptly
 bought for me, since I had the look of a 5 year  old kid seeing the toy
 that I wanted....

	http://www.whirlybirdcentral.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WC&Product_Code=16812cpp&Category_Code=CP

 Now I loved that toy when I was a kid but it was called the Verti Bird
 and I had wondered what had happened, I have even in the past played
 with building my own, if I could have remembered how it was
 constructed. Then I decided to google the web for it just to see.

	http://www.whirlybirdcentral.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WC&Category_Code=V
	[mine was the Air Police Set ]

 Just after I got it for christmas my parents had a party and invited
 all their friends round. Now we lived in Married Quarters, which is
 Services Speak for the Council Patch , and my parents friends were all
 pilots, engineers and officers when they got hold of this toy ( after
 several drinks I should mention ) they soon started to work out how to
 make it more fun. After a while of Picking up fag packets, knocking
 over tins, racing Bump and Go circuits and clipping fags they
 eventually managed to break it.

 Dad eventually affected repairs but the intriguing thing is how cool
 this toy was that it stuck with me to this day.

 Take note that in that time the Helicopter was the two blade variety
 with no safety ring. The new version Im getting has a three bladed wing
 with safety ring. I suspect its toned down a bit in terms of
 operational speed as well.

 So thats my fav toy for the seasonal holiday event of your choice, what
 about you ?

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.