[Sussex] Go on - Vote Now

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 20:24:46 UTC 2003

> > 1: Do you have your books listed in a database / spreadsheet
> built a app to read from a barcode reader shim to do it !

Yes - this works for me, but Mary is into books published in the 30s and the
40s, and for some reason the barcodes have all fallen off :-)

> > 2: Will you only buy books if you have the list with you to double-check
you
> > don't already have a copy?
> well yeah, but I know every book I have if I see it.. .although I bought
> 4 copies of Javascript cook boook .... wierd that

I tend to find that my problem comes on book-buying holidays. I can remember
the ones I've read, but will find something in shop A in the morning, forget
I've bought it, and buy another copy from shop B in the afternoon.

Of course, when asked how many books I'll buy on a book-buying holiday, I
tend to count in cratefulls - the record is 5 in a weeend :-)

> > 4: Have you gone "book shopping" as the specific purpose for a holiday?
> you mean thats not purpose of any holiday or shopping spree?

'Fraid so. Very few skiing resorts have good bookshops :-(