[Sussex] Installing Gentoo - more questions

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sat Dec 20 14:04:10 UTC 2003

I'm still mystified by this.  Whenever I've installed X v4.0 from source it
has always used XF86Config-4.  So either:

- you're using an old version of X
or
- Gentoo sets X version 4 to use a different config file ie XF86Config.

I think the only way you'll resolve this is to systematically rename each
XF86Config to something completely different until X stops working. Then
you'll know which one is being used.

  Iain

--On Saturday, December 20, 2003 13:25:44 +0000 John Crowhurst