[Sussex] Happy Christmas under the Greeting Public Licence

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Dec 26 17:53:22 UTC 2003

Happy Christmas...

The licenses for most greetings are designed to take away your right to
share and change it. By contrast, the Greeting Public License is intended to
guarantee your right to share and change happy greetings to make sure the
greeting is happy for all its users.

When we speak of "happy" greetings, we are referring to your consitutional
right to pursue something, not emotional content. Our Greeting Public
Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the right to distribute
copies of happy greetings (while being miserable if you wish), that you can
change the greeting or use pieces of it in new happy greetings; and that you
know you can do these things.

You are welcome to receive this greeting and pass it on verbatim to anyone
you wish, as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously
and appropriately publish on each greeting an appropriate copyright notice
and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this
greeting and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients
of the greeting a copy of these terms along with the greeting.