[Sussex] OK - recommend me a distribution, please...

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 19:18:01 UTC 2003

Now, I'm going to make this more complex, and set some constraints... Thus
making the question different from "which is your favourite distribution"
:-)

So, here we go:

- Must run on Compaq Proliant
- Must be installable from floppy + net connection (ie - NOT require a CD)
- Must be compatable with Magic Carpet
- Must run Nessus
- Must NOT require too much in Linux expertise
- Must not take more than a couple of hours to install

Anyone saying "Gentoo" based on the last two requirements is unlikely to
find a rewarding career in consultancy :-)

Regards,

Mark