[Sussex] Exchange replacement for Linux? || and rant

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Wed Feb 5 22:11:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 22:07, Adam Smith wrote:
> As far as I know there is no such application, I've asked the same question
> on other forums/mailing lists a few times and was always given the same
> answer.  Looks like you might just have to bite your tongue and run exchange
> ;).

I'm just lmao'ing as they can't get it configured and they keep
hammering Designs2Web's DNS server with AXFR's every 30s or so... and
actus don't know how to fix it.. so they're v. close to losing all DNS
access from their leased line to their own domain :)

> The whole situation doesn't sounds too hot though, perhaps I'm better off
> out of it considering Actus have declined to call me almost a week after my
> last meeting with you guys.  Presumably the new team leader doesn't like the
> idea of working with 'a kid'.  A phonecall would have been nice though :(.

The new team leader prolly wouldn't like working with you because you
know more than he does. I think this is why he has a fear of almost
everyone else in the IT industry. And our users.
Pru's said he'll call you by the end of the week and speak to you. TBH,
I wouldn't hold your breath. He didn't know who you were when I asked
him about you :(

> You're welcome to come and work for me, help show my OAPs the wonders of
> open source software!

lol - wasn't it me that was interviewing you? ;)

Jon