[Sussex] If not Lindows, then what?

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Sat Feb 8 19:08:01 UTC 2003

Question for the audience...

One of Natalie's relatives has a PC that we put together for her a
couple of years ago running Windows 98. Recently it's had a few
problems which I've sorted, but...

Following a brief discussion she's quite open to replacing Windows with
something more reliable :-) Like the people Adam's dealing with, the PC
is only used for email, word processing and the internet.

So my question is, which Linux distribution would be best? We;re
talking a P200 with 64Mb and a smallinsh hard drive. Ideally I'd like
something with a reasonable Wondows-like look and feel, that's going to
cope with the HP Deskjet 510 she has and that's going to be well
behaved when it comes to PPP.

Running OpenOffice shouldn't be an issue, so Windows compatibility
isn't required.

Suggestions to the usual address.

Neil.