[Sussex] Linux for simplicity

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 9 12:02:01 UTC 2003

Adam,

My suggestion is:

Install something like SuSE 8.1 with the minimum packages to support
Netscape and OOo. Netscape for web browsing, e-mail and news, OOo for office
stuff, cups support for printing, and you can install the minimum packages
for other customer requirements. On reasonable hardware the install time and
hardware detection should be fairly trouble free and not too time consuming.
Then use something like Norton Ghost 2003 to do the disk imaging.

No doubt others will have entirely different opinions.

Steve Williams.