[Sussex] Browser wars

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Fri Feb 14 17:47:00 UTC 2003

On 14 Feb 2003 17:19:11 +0000, Geoff Teale wrote:
> I guess everybody heard about the MSN and Opera thing a couple of weeks
> ago - well, Opera have now decided to get a little revenge - apart from
> being an interesting act their revenge is also quite amusing, read their
> press release here:
>
> http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2003/02/14/

Whilst MSN's actions were/are inexcusable, Opera do seem to be having a
major toys out of pram period right now. They threw a fit recently
because Apple weren't interested in licensing their technology but
instead produced their own browser based on KHTML.

Oh well.... their Mac browser was pants any way, so it's no great loss
if they stop developing it.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford