[Sussex] NOW: So, who are the all-time greats? WAS Hello all

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Feb 16 22:18:02 UTC 2003

Steve wrote:
------------
> This is going to be one of those "dhhhhoooo" moments:
>
> You're have not linking against libm (the floating point maths library).
>
> Told you it was one of those moments (been there, done that, bought the
> tee shirt :-)
>
> Steve

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

That was really getting to me.. I checked through the makefile so many
times... .. as soon as I read this I took a look, 20 seconds later the
missing  `-lm` was inserted and my program works... jeeez

The thing is it's suprising how rarely I have to use math.c for the sort
of programming you do in the day to day - finance work *yawn* is pretty
all done in integers (pence), and cos() and sin() don't really get a
look in unless you're looking to plot a curve.. *sigh*

Big thanks to Steve from stopping me from going insane.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation