[Sussex] 3 IP usage

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 17 16:58:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 16:21, Andrew Guard wrote:
> I don't get this, I know this is windows issue but do any of you have
> any idea why this is needed.  I will post the e-mail I got as an
> reply.

It sounds like IIS is hosting three different webs on one machine - each
host is bound to a unique IP so one machine might be hosting:

www.tfeurope.com (193.41.153.24)
www.primark.com (12.39.216.101)
www.datastream.com (159.104.6.65)

..for example.. the machine in question also has a seperate (internal)
IP Address.  It has two network cards (one for the internal traffic and
one for all external traffice - no forwarding between interfaces), but
in reality this is overkill.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation