[Sussex] Dell Precision 650

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 24 22:11:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 19:53, Steve Williams wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
>
> Just purchased a Precision M50 notebook from Dell. Jolly nice too. 1600x1200 res screen, sales and support very good, delivery in 7 days, on-line order tracking.
>
> On board PCI 3Com 920 nic, no install problems at all.
>
> Steve Williams.

The M50 is a nice bit of kit!

Shame the don't sell it prebuilt with LINUX... you do really have to
search hard on the Dell website to find this option even for the 450's
and 650's - they don't make it an option (the normal config page allows
you to choose from a range of Windows OS's) - you actually have to know
that it's a different model number - a precision 650n in this case.
Anyhow, a dual Xeon box should all be confirmed this week and then I
shall wait for delivery of that and a 18" Ultrasharp TFT panel along
with it... *yum*

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation