[Sussex] Network problem

Robin Shepheard robin at shepheard-son.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 00:24:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 09:03, Andrew Guard wrote:

> > As far as I'm aware, CDR's and CDRW's can be burnt under Linux:
> > http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/cdrw.html
> > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html
> >

> That's correct, I was just point an point across in different way.  I could
> of chosen an Floppy disk or hard drive for that matter.

The only problem I had with burning CDR's was getting my IDE CD-Burner
to run under SCSI emulation. The latest installation of RedHat installed
the emulation fine, so now I just use the XCDRoast front end in Gnome to
burn them

> > KVM switches are useful, but are prone to interference which may cause
> > ghosting of the image on the monitor. This problem is
> > especially common
> > with Belkin, perhaps because of their poor build quality.
> >
> > If you can get away with using VNC, use that instead:
> > http://www.realvnc.com/

I use an KVM switch regularly to access the 3 servers at one of my
clients sites, all are running windoze in one form or another and have
no problem with any interference or ghosting, although I think it may be
an HP switch, not sure on that one so don't quote me :) so it probably
cost a few quid more than most people would pay!!!!

Cheers

Robin