[Sussex] Greetings

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 00:26:01 UTC 2003

Hi Robin

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 11:24:04PM +0000, Robin Shepheard wrote:
> Hope you don't mind me jumping in like this......Bit late now I guess
> anyway :)

No - the more the merrier.  This list is getting quite active now.
If the bandwidth of this ML gets any higher we'll start attracting the
spammers - time to roll out spamassassin.

> I have been playing with Linux since I got a copy of RedHat 6 (came with
> a book called something along the lines of "Linux Unleashed")

An old version of a well known distro - but non the worse for that.

> I have been sort of getting around to finding out about my local LUG for
> a couple of years and have finally got around to getting there.

Tut, tut - how lax of you. :-)

> I noticed that you will be meeting tomorrow at the Kings Head... Anyone
> mind if I come along to meet some of you?????

Absolutely not!  The whole point of the slug-moot is to get together.
As they've let me turn up time after time I can't see anyone complaining
about anyone else ;-)

I assume you've seen the map links on the website (www.sussex.lug.org.uk).

> If not, what sort of time do you congregate there? Oh and do you just
> meet in the main bar (he says, don't know the pub that well)

We shouldn't be hard to miss.  Just look for the band of geeks not to
far from the bar.  There will normally be a collection of gadgets on
the table - they have been know to out number of the pints of beer!
But only when the bar maid has tied up.  I am about to pack my Tux - so
that should be another clue.

As for time: well some of us get there early.  Work and roads permitting
I should be there some time between 17:00-17:30 and Geoff's has been
known to get there earlier.

I'll warn you now; there are some vocal people in the group [points finger
at self] so please don't sit in the corner and lurk; you can if you want -
but please don't.  There's no formality to the meeting so don your hob-nail
boots (and your flame-suit) and jump right in.  Joking aside; a lug-moot
only works if people talk to each other.

We hope to have power so if you have a laptop you're welcome to bring it
or any other cool gadgets you want.

Hope to see you there tonight [past midnight again - must go to bed]